Nation on the March

Nation on the March
Nation on the March

Sep 26, 2011

Let an atheist remain an atheist..

Are you planning to convert some one who does not believe in God ?  

Osho strongly advises “Don’t” . 


We know Mulla Nasrudin as the most witty, inimitable character. But Osho victimizes him here:


A rich farmer had been trying desperately to marry off his daughters. One day he met Mulla Nasrudin.

”I have several daughters,” the farmer told the Mulla. ”I would like to see them comfortably fixed. And I will say this, they won’t go to their husbands without a little bit in the bank, either. The youngest one is twenty-three and she will take Rupees 25,000 with her. The next one is thirty-two, and she will take Rupees 50,000 with her. Another is forty-three and she will take Rupees 75,000 with her.”

”That’s interesting,” said Nasrudin. ”I was just wondering if you have one about fifty years old.

Mulla Nasrudin’s family was upset because the girl he was planning to marry was an atheist. ”We’ll not have you marrying an atheist,” his mother said.

”What can I do? I love her,” the young Nasrudin said.

”Well,” said his mother, ”if she loves you, she will do anything you ask. You should talk religion to
her. If you are persistent, you can win her over.”

Several weeks went by, then one morning at breakfast the young Mulla seemed absolutely brokenhearted.
”What’s the matter?” his mother asked. ”I thought you were making such good progress in your talks
about religion to your young girlfriend.”

”That’s the trouble,” said Nasruddin. "I overdid it.
Last night she told me she was so convinced that she is going to study to be a NUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your impression here by way of a comment. Thanks. deepak